dr-geo

Re: [Dr-geo] GSoC: Coding period begins

From: Gurjot Singh
Subject: Re: [Dr-geo] GSoC: Coding period begins
Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 05:43:57 +0530

On 19 May 2014 23:24, .Org.Com <address@hidden> wrote:
> @ Gurjot

Hi

> Now it is time for action, coding.

Yes and I'm absolutely ready to start coding with vigour.
It's just that today is my last end semester exam and from tomorrow
onwards I'll be fully dedicated to my project.

> Can we brief, what you have done till now. Even if nothing concrete,
> what preparations your have done.

Till now I've identified what is to be done, as written in my
milestones in my proposal. I've already started up on my 1st milestone
to upgrade guile library.
Guile 1.6 that drgeo is currently working on is using GH interface
which is now obsolete[0].
So last evening I made some minor changes in the code to shift from GH
to SCM interface. There are some more changes that are yet to be done.
I already committed those changes in the 'upgrade' branch[1] on the
git source of drgeo.

> Be more interactive, and now we need your daily progress report.

I will for sure.
And I've started documenting my daily progress[2].
P.S- The progress report is on my blog.

[0] http://goo.gl/kIyXgy
[1] http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/dr-geo.git
[2] http://bhattigurjot.wordpress.com/category/gsoc-logs/

--
Gurjot Singh
Blog: http://bhattigurjot.wordpress.com

"You gotta get hurt 'cause that's how you'll learn, You gotta try your
hardest no matter how much you'll burn." ~ Scott Singh