dr-geo

Re: [Dr-geo] GSoC preparation

From: Gurjot Singh
Subject: Re: [Dr-geo] GSoC preparation
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 00:29:28 +0530

On 9 March 2014 18:45, .Org.Com <address@hidden> wrote:
> How you all are preparing for GSoC?

Just compiled the software and now getting familiar with its working as a user.
I'm very much interested in improving the GUI of drgeo. And what's
better way to know the requirements for interface than working as a
user. On the very first look drgeo looks rather bland. But I'm not
saying that a simple look is not good. A simple yet an elegant look to
a software gives a rather pleasant feel about the software.
Even though the current look is simple and has a minimal quality look
to it yet it still lacks the grace.
While rewriting the GUI part of drgeo using C/Vala programming
language and GTK+ widgets toolkit, it would be nice to improve the GUI
further.

--
Gurjot Singh
Blog: http://bhattigurjot.wordpress.com

"You do not need a Leader. You never did. System made you believe you
needed one. Self-Education. No more rules."