dotgnu-pnet

[Pnet-developers] Re: ilasm errors when local variable name is IL keywor

From: radek polak
Subject: [Pnet-developers] Re: ilasm errors when local variable name is IL keyword
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 16:55:41 +0100 (CET)

Hello,
it's not bug. Pnet's ilasm work exactly as it should (according to ECMA specs).
Instead variable names must be quoted. Big thanks go to Klaus for helping me
with this.

Radek

Hi all,
i am implementing local variable names in debug section. There is
already support for this in ilasm - you can check docs and
ilasm_grammar.y for details.

In short: local variable name and index can be outputted in method body
using keyword .locals

.locals <str=0>

Until now everything works and you can compile such code with ilasm. But
when your local variable has name e.g. after IL instruction ilasm will
error. In attached example it's on this line:

.locals <box=0>

It would be great if somebody with compiler knowledge could help me with
this.

Thanks

Radek