dotgnu-pnet

Re: [Pnet-developers] Summer of Code 2007

From: Radek Polak
Subject: Re: [Pnet-developers] Summer of Code 2007
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 06:33:52 +0100

Hi Ivan,
i think that running SharpDevelop on Portable .NET would be great. Some parts of SD were already running on pnet, so it's not impossible. I would be very interested and big fan if you decide to work on this.

Radek

btw: radekp on IRC
Hello everyone,

I want to participate in this Google SoC. I was thinking about the following:
One interesting software for me is the SharpDevelop, that is basically
a Free IDE for the .NET platform.  AFAIK the last version of
SharpDevelop that uses .NET 1.1 API is v1.1, lastest versions of
#Develop uses .NET 2.0 API.  So I think the only part that may be too
difficult to run is the Windows.Forms designer.  But everything else
should be possible to get it working.  So what do you think?

The other interesting project is adding Generics to the C# compiler.
My question here is:  does that mean that I should have generics
support to the VM ?

Regards,
Ivan