dotgnu-pnet

[Pnet-developers] Re: [DotGNU] PLEASE ASSIST ME IN BEING A DotGNU Portab

From: Kirill Kononenko
Subject: [Pnet-developers] Re: [DotGNU] PLEASE ASSIST ME IN BEING A DotGNU Portable.NET DEVELOPER
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 18:02:21 +0400

Hi Muneer,

I think, the best way to install Portable.NET is to use the fresh cvs
with latest patches applied and use the new JIT:

So it is:

1. Download fresh cvs:
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:address@hidden:/sources/dotgnu-pnet co .

2. Install some patches if they are not yet commited to the cvs:

https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?func=detailitem&item_id=5337
https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?func=detailitem&item_id=5338

In pnet make: patch -p0 < patch-file-name-here

3. There will be new directories: treecc, libjit, pnet and pnetlib.

in treecc make: ./auto_gen.sh && ./configure && make all && sudo make install
in libjit make: ./auto_gen.sh && ./configure && make all && sudo make install
in pnet make: ./auto_gen.sh && ./configure --with-jit && make all &&
sudo make install
in pnetlib make: ./auto_gen.sh && ./configure && make all && sudo make install

4. In /pnetlib/samples are some samples.

Regards,
Kirill