dotgnu-pnet

[Pnet-developers] GraphicsPath

From: mboss
Subject: [Pnet-developers] GraphicsPath
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 23:43:15 +0100

I am thinking about the current implementation of
System.Drawing.Drawing2D.GraphicsPath and related classes.

At the first glance, the strategy of PathObject helper classes looks
appealing. When you come to describe the "points" making up a graphic path,
things become difficult.

How does Microsoft handle it? every shape (yes, even strings) is mapped
internally to a set of points with corresponding point type ( a PathData
structure ).
Now of course you will ask me what the hell are you talking about MS, this is
dotGNU here!
Well, the advantages of using points instead of PathObjects would be:
 a compact representation
 straitforward implementation for most of the missing methods
 fast and easy matrix transformation possible
 straitforward implementation for GraphicsPathIterator
 no need for the draw methods of (closed) curves in ToolkitGraphicsBase

Marco
Bosatta