dotgnu-pnet

Re: [Pnet-developers] Future of resgen

From: Marcus
Subject: Re: [Pnet-developers] Future of resgen
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 22:54:57 -0600

I agree with keeping a minimal version of resgen in C code for bootstrapping
but providing a full-featured before in managed code.

Another issue that you did not bring up is that resgen on MS is mostly a
command-line interface to ResourceReader, ResourceWriter, ResXResourceReader,
and ResXResourceWriter. If Pnet is to implement these classes anyway, most of
the work for a managed version of resgen will be accomplished.

There are versions of the classes in Pnet already, but I have been running
into some bugs. I have been working with ResXResourceReader, and I will be
submitting patches shortly.