dotgnu-pnet

[Pnet-developers] csant build file syntax

From: Marcus
Subject: [Pnet-developers] csant build file syntax
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 01:55:10 -0600

I'm working on a program that processes csant build files, and I'm running
across some unexpected behavior. I'm not sure whether it's part of csant's
design or just something that happened.

Specifically, csant allows action-like elements, such as <compile> or <echo>
are permitted to appear outside of a <target> element. Permitting that
structure makes representing the build file in C# data structures much more
difficult. Here's an example:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<project name="Build" default="all">
        <target name="all">
                <echo message="Processing target all"/>
        </target>
    <target name="clean">
        <delete file="build.exe"/>
    </target>

        <compile output="build.exe" target="exe" optimize="true" debug="true" >
        <sources>
                <includes name="*.cs" />
                <includes name="Actions/*.cs" />
                <includes name="Logging/*.cs" />