dotgnu-pnet

[Pnet-developers] [bugs #11519] problems on using "using"

From: wolfgang haefelinger
Subject: [Pnet-developers] [bugs #11519] problems on using "using"
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 15:01:19 +0000 (UTC)

This mail is an automated notification from the bugs tracker
 of the project: DotGNU Portable.NET.

[bugs #11519] Full Item Snapshot:

Project: DotGNU Portable.NET
Submitted by: wolfgang haefelinger
On: Fri 01/07/2005 at 14:04

Category:  None
Severity:  5 - Average
Item Group:  None
Resolution:  None
Privacy:  Public
Assigned to:  None

Original Submission:  I browsed for this problem but could not find an entry -
however I'm not a C# expert, so please apologize if this problem is trivial or
already known:

I have a public class "Token" in namespace "antlr" in file "antlr.cs". In
another file "main.cs" I'm using this public class like this:

 using Token = antlr.Token;
 class Main {
   public static void Main(string[] args) {
     Token t0;
   }
 }

This works fine doing all in one shot:

 $ cscc /t:exe main.cs antlr.cs

But when building an assembly for antlr.cs and using it, I'm getting strange
error messages:

 $ cscc /t:library /out:antlr.dll antlr.cs
 $ cscc /t:exe main.cs /r:antlr.dll
 main.cs:2: invalid left operand to `.'
 main.cs:8: invalid type specification `Token'

I'm using "cscc version 0.6.10" compiled from scratch on Mandrake 10.

Note: I do not have this problems using Microsoft .NET 1.1 nor do I have this
problems using Mono 1.0.5.

I attached demo.tgz containing my *.cs files.

File Attachments

Date: Fri 01/07/2005 at 14:04  Name: demo.tgz  Size: 263B   By: oraetlabora
contains demo files antlr.cs and main.cs
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/download.php?item_id=11519&amp;item_file_id=2036

For detailed info, follow this link:
<http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=11519>

  Message sent via/by Savannah