dotgnu-pnet

[Pnet-developers] [bugs #11417] incompatible types in assignment: no con

From: Llewellyn Pritchard
Subject: [Pnet-developers] [bugs #11417] incompatible types in assignment: no conversion from `System.String' to `char *'
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 17:24:19 +0000 (UTC)

This mail is an automated notification from the bugs tracker
 of the project: DotGNU Portable.NET.

[bugs #11417] Latest Modifications:

Changes by:
                Llewellyn Pritchard <address@hidden>
'Date:
                Tue 12/28/2004 at 17:24 (GMT)

I have tested this with the MS C# compiler, and it does indeed allow that
implicit conversion, and its news to me!

[bugs #11417] Full Item Snapshot:

Project: DotGNU Portable.NET
Submitted by: James Michael DuPont
On: Tue 12/28/2004 at 17:13

Category:  None
Severity:  5 - Average
Item Group:  None
Resolution:  None
Privacy:  Public
Assigned to:  None

to `char *'

Original Submission:  I dont know if this code is valid, but mono compiles it.
testcase1.cs:8: incompatible types in assignment: no conversion from
`System.String' to `char *'

class test
{
        [NonSerialized] private char start_char;
        internal unsafe void ToLowerInvariant ()
        {
                string tmp;
                fixed (char* source = tmp); // problem, line 8
        }
}

Follow-up Comments

Date: Tue 12/28/2004 at 17:24       By: Llewellyn Pritchard <leppie>
I have tested this with the MS C# compiler, and it does indeed allow that
implicit conversion, and its news to me!

For detailed info, follow this link:
<http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=11417>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/