dotgnu-pnet

[Pnet-developers] [patch #3582] Anchoring values is miscalculated

From: Carl-Adam Brengesjo
Subject: [Pnet-developers] [patch #3582] Anchoring values is miscalculated

This mail is an automated notification from the patch tracker
 of the project: DotGNU Portable.NET.

[patch #3582] Full Item Snapshot:

Project: DotGNU Portable.NET
Submitted by: Carl-Adam Brengesjo
On: Fri 12/17/2004 at 01:02

Category:  None

Original Submission:  After some diggin' into the issues with the anchoring in
winforms, reported by Simon Guindon and described in
http://dotgnu.org/pipermail/developers/2004-November/012576.html
I was able to narrow it down being caused by the
prevParentWidth/prevParentHeight values in a child control is updated with new
values without the actual bounds of the control is updated, resulting in the
distance between the child bounds and it's parent increases.

I was able to *fix* this with not allowing not more than one call to
InitLayout() (see attached patch), as it was called multiple times and this
updating the fields as described above.

However, I'm not so familiar with the layout engine and uncertain how this
could affect real-world applications and thus I'm asking for some comments and
testing results on this patch so we, hopefully, can elimating creating more
bugs :)

File Attachments
-------------------

Date: Fri 12/17/2004 at 01:23  Name: AnchoringTest.cs  Size: 1.23KB   By: ptah