dotgnu-pnet

[Pnet-developers] [bugs #11326] XmlUrlResolver.ResolveUri() works incorr

From: Carl-Adam Brengesjo
Subject: [Pnet-developers] [bugs #11326] XmlUrlResolver.ResolveUri() works incorrectly without a path name or full URI

This mail is an automated notification from the bugs tracker
 of the project: DotGNU Portable.NET.

[bugs #11326] Latest Modifications:

Changes by:
                Carl-Adam Brengesjo <address@hidden>
'Date:
                Thu 12/16/2004 at 02:17 (Europe/Stockholm)

            What     | Removed                   | Added
          Resolution | None                      | Fixed
              Status | Open                      | Closed

Problem is, "classQChar.xml" is not a valid Uri format (it's relative, not
absolute), and so we have to expand it to a absolute Uri format before calling
the Uri ctor.

Fixed in CVS December 16 2004.

[bugs #11326] Full Item Snapshot:

Project: DotGNU Portable.NET
Submitted by: Marcus Urban
On: Thu 12/16/2004 at 01:22

Category:  None
Severity:  5 - Average
Item Group:  None
Resolution:  Fixed
Privacy:  Public
Assigned to:  None

full URI

Original Submission:  This problem is actually more general than it might
appear at first. I first encountered problems when calling
xmlDocument.Load("classQChar.xml"), resulting in the exception

Uncaught exception: System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null
Parameter name: absoluteUri
        at System.Xml.XmlUrlResolver.GetEntity(Uri, String, Type) in
./XmlUrlResolver.cs:49
        at System.Xml.XmlTextReader..ctor(String, XmlNameTable) in
./XmlTextReader.cs:302
        at System.Xml.XmlTextReader..ctor(String)
        at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String) in ./XmlDocument.cs:664
        at API.AddAPIFromFile(String)
        at ApiGe.Main(String[])

XmlTextReader..ctor(String) calls resolver.ResolveUri(null, string), where
string is the file that was to be loaded. In the case above, "classQChar.xml".
However, ResolveUri() returns null for this string. That seems to be the real
problem. Under MS.NET, it appears that the filename is expanded to its full
path (if it is not of the form whatever://moreStuff).

In the test case attached, MS reports "uri is not null", whereas Pnet reports
"uri is null".

Follow-up Comments
------------------

Date: Thu 12/16/2004 at 02:17       By: Carl-Adam Brengesjo <ptah>
Problem is, "classQChar.xml" is not a valid Uri format (it's relative, not
absolute), and so we have to expand it to a absolute Uri format before calling
the Uri ctor.

Fixed in CVS December 16 2004.

File Attachments

Date: Thu 12/16/2004 at 01:22  Name: xml-read.cs  Size: 272B   By: mathpup