dotgnu-pnet

[Pnet-developers] Mono libraries for Portable.NET

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: [Pnet-developers] Mono libraries for Portable.NET
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 19:15:57 +1000

I've put together some csant build scripts and assorted automake/autoconf
magic to build some of the Mono libraries using cscc, and to install them in
the usual pnet locations:

    http://www.southern-storm.com.au/download/ml-pnet-0.0.0.tar.gz

The distribution contains *.build files, but no source code.  You will need to
have a copy of the Mono library sources available.  You can get them from the
Mono CVS server or Web site.  See the README file for full build
instructions, but the basics are:

    ./configure --with-mono-sources=/home/bob/mono/mcs
    make
    make install

where "/home/bob/mono/mcs" is the full path of wherever your "mcs" directory
happens to live (it should have sub-directories called "nunit", "jay",
"class", etc).

I've tested this with the CVS version of pnet and pnetlib.  I doubt that it
will build with pnet-0.5.4, because I've added a lot of classes to pnetlib
since 0.5.4.

Not everything builds yet.  Some things depend upon features of System.Xml
(XPath and stylesheets) and System.ComponentModel that we don't have in
pnetlib yet (System.ComponentModel is on my hit list this week).  At the very
least, let's get the classes stubbed out that the libraries depend upon.

Let me know how this goes.  If people are generally agreed that this is a good
approach to use for importing the higher-level Mono libraries, then I'll
check it in as a new CVS module.  If not, I'm open to other suggestions ...

Cheers,

Rhys.