dotgnu-libjit

Re: [Libjit-developers] AMD64 status, uses_interpreter

From: ktreichel
Subject: Re: [Libjit-developers] AMD64 status, uses_interpreter
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 16:25:26 +0200

Hi Basile,

libjit generates native code that's usable by applications only for x86 (32
bit) now.

> What is exaxtly the meaning of jit_uses_interpreter and it relation with the
> --disable-interpreter flag to configure? Does jit_uses_interpreter returning
> 1 means that machien code generation is not availablee?

The uses interpreter means that the interpreter is used on the current arch by
default because native code generation
is not available at all or not finished.
There are parts for ARM and Alpha available but they are not yet finished.

> In other words, how can an application using libjit test that just in time
> translation to machine code (AMD64 or x86/32 plateforms) really happen?

On x86 32 bit platforms native code generation happens.

Cheers,

Klaus