[DotGNU]Portable.net this week - Inlining methods tum's way

From: Gopal V
Subject: [DotGNU]Portable.net this week - Inlining methods tum's way
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 05:40:27 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

This has been a really fast week for Portable.net
and it has got much faster nearer to the weekend :)

The pnetmark floating point benchmarks jumped by
a factor of 16 (yes, 1600%) between Monday and Friday.
On my machine it went from a piddling 57 to a colossal
864 .

One of the programs I'm working on (which essentially
is a lot of Sin/Cos transforms on an array) went up
for about 8 times faster for the inner loops . So yes,
expect that CSVorbis Ogg player to play smoothly
even when you're compiling..

But amidst all this rejoicing, a simple tragedy
wiped out the rest of tum's hacks for NULL check
elimination - I don't know if it was lightning that
hit his hard disk, but we can only imagine .

Code like that was never meant to be .

In other news, Klaus Triechel has been hacking away
at ml-pnet (and in turn causing me to hack away at
cscc).

Cheers,
Gopal