Re: [DotGNU]DotGNU Base Library

From: Peter Minten
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]DotGNU Base Library
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 10:16:45 -0400

On Saturday 20 July 2002 14:50, Gopal V wrote:

> > A: Basic database (IO with data fields of fixed size),
>
> ??? Isn't that supposed to be dotgnu.sql (unless I mistake your suggestion)

Nope, my basic database is what is called random access in some languages,
simply reading a file consisting of records of fixed size and then showing
these records to the user.

> > data structures like double linked lists and trees,
>
> dotgnu.collections.dll (BioChem333's post) ...

Oh, well collections can be dotgnu-base or a separate lib. (BioChem333: if you
want it to be part of dotgnu-base please mail me.) Anyway I got the linked
lists in DG-Base (they may come in handy and DG-Base can't link to anything
else than pnetlib since it's a base library)  but I won't develop it further
then.

> Should in theory be childishly simple .. for the basic lists and trees..
>
> /me thinks about Rhys's Red Black tree implementation and its uses ..
>
> > enhanced command line parsing (GNU style),
>
> dotgnu.getopt.dll (required ...)

I'm not so hot on p/invoking if we can avoid it, and getopt is easy enough
to do without p/invoke.

Anyway the stuff is checked into cvs now. Anybody wanting to contribute may
contact me.

Greetings.

Peter.