dotgnu-forum-developers

[Forum-dev] Re: [DotGNU]Forum course change

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: [Forum-dev] Re: [DotGNU]Forum course change
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 11:00:57 -0000

--- Peter Minten <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Forum is a vital component of the FSEDU/FSA project and as such it
> needs to be
> workable asap.

Peter,

I agree we we need to be realistic in our attempts,
also I wonder why the dotgnu auth does not support basic
authentication.

We need APIS that will allow us to use the basic features today with
tools at hand, that will later expand to handle the new features.

This whole idea of identities ties into the current work with the fsbot
that i am doing on fsbot on #fsedu. (Ask it about "data-")
"fsbot: data-"

The fsbot database is publically accessible for example, but we need to
track the changes, by user. We need user authentication there. The irc
server has a nickserv that does some of that.

The wiki as data repository also needs authentication,
and we need to be able to migrate the data into Forum.

mike
Attempt the impossible in order to improve your work.
Bette Davis

=====
James Michael DuPont
http://introspector.sourceforge.net/