dolibarr-dev

[Dolibarr-dev] Translating Dolibarr

From: Lorenzo Novaro
Subject: [Dolibarr-dev] Translating Dolibarr
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 13:22:45 +0200

Hello all,
since the day we switched to Transifex many new translators joined teams and
some work has been done. I think that it is a bit of a success and it's time,
maybe, to let translators communicate (both new and old) and share thoughts
and ideas. The mailing list could also provide an important tool for
developers, becoming a sort of mega-alias where all translators can be reached
at once.

Would it be a good idea to have a dedicated dolibarr-i18n mailing list and
review the http://wiki.dolibarr.org/index.php/Translator_documentation page. I
took the liberty to comment some text on the page because it was somehow
outdated and I don't think many potential translators would be interested in
so many options while we are all currently working on Transifex actually.

It could also be good to recommend the use of transifex for dolibarr modules,
so that translators and developers get comfortable with the interface and the
whole process and can, maybe, easily join the existing teams to help translate
Dolibarr core.
This would also benefit the whole ecosystem, as Raphaƫl Doursenaud already
stated.

Lorenzo Novaro.
--
Diciannove Soc. Coop.