dolibarr-bugtrack

[Dolibarr-bugtrack] [Bug #1702] Skype logo and brand copyright issues

From: Doliforge
Subject: [Dolibarr-bugtrack] [Bug #1702] Skype logo and brand copyright issues
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 11:16:05 +0100

Doliforge
Ce message ne s'affiche pas correctement?
mettez à jour vos préférences utilisateur.

Skype logo and brand copyright issues

Dernières modifications

20/11/2014 11:16 (Europe/Paris)
Yes, that's the problem with third party brands, they do whatever they like.
Documenting further on the matter, it seems that we fall into the "fair use" category (at least in US jurisdiction).
I was just being pedantic there. Closing.
Changements :
  • Resolution:
AucunInvalid

État

 Détails
Submitted by:  Raphaël Doursenaud (rdoursenaud) Submitted on:  19/11/2014 15:30
Last Modified On:  20/11/2014 06:16
From the Skype development guidelines availaible at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/dn745878. Use of the Skype logo anywhere else than a "call" button is subject to a written agreement from Microsoft.
Also this is a trademark so it should be referred as "Skype™" everywhere.
Step to reproduce bug:
Detected in version:  develop Category:  Other
Severity:  1 - Minor OS Type/Version:
PHP version:   Database type and version:
 Etat
Resolution:  Invalid

Commentaires

Raphaël Doursenaud 20/11/2014 11:16
Yes, that's the problem with third party brands, they do whatever they like.
Documenting further on the matter, it seems that we fall into the "fair use" category (at least in US jurisdiction).
I was just being pedantic there. Closing.
SPANGARO Alexandre 20/11/2014 06:16
When I add this function, Skype™ already belonged to MICROSOFT but the tools for developer give the pics integrated in Dolibarr, the page has changed !
Raphaël Doursenaud 19/11/2014 16:09
Yup, you're right, that may be overzealous but the logo issue still applies.
Marcos García 19/11/2014 16:04
There is no need to use the TM symbol as I think there is no law that forces to do so. It just informs the public that that word is a trademark.