dmidecode-devel

Re: [dmidecode] DMIDECODE runs on windows 2000/XP

From: Petter Reinholdtsen
Subject: Re: [dmidecode] DMIDECODE runs on windows 2000/XP
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 13:45:19 +0200

[Hugo Weber]
> These changes make the dmidecode sources to be a native .exe
> windows app and thus runs without cygwin.
>
> I ran diff -ur dmidecode/ demidecode-2.8/ > diff_win.txt

Almost correct.  Most of the info can be found in the text you sent,
but you specified it the wrong way, so it appear to remove your patch
instead of adding it.  Use 'diff dmidecode-2.8 dmidecode' to get it
the correct way.

> I'm also sending a the sources on a zip file in case the diff
> doesn't catch the new file dmidecode.dev. It's the project file for
> dev-c++ (http://www.bloodshed.net) I used to make dmidecode.exe

To handle new files, use the diff flag -N.  So I propose you run it
like this after doing 'make clean && make distclean' in both
directories.:

  diff -uNr demidecode-2.8 dmidecode > diff_win.txt

Friendly,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen