dmidecode-devel

[dmidecode] Move man pages to /usr/share/man

From: Jean Delvare
Subject: [dmidecode] Move man pages to /usr/share/man
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 17:02:14 +0100

Hi all,

According to the FHS, manual pages should be installed under
/usr/share/man:
http://www.pathname.com/fhs/pub/fhs-2.3.html#USRSHAREMANMANUALPAGES

By default, dmidecode does install them under /usr/man. I plan to change
this to /usr/share/man to comply with the FHS. Any objection?

While I'm there, I plan to add the README, CHANGELOG and AUTHORS files
to the list of installed files. These would be installed by default in
/usr/share/doc/dmidecode-$VERSION. I still need to figure out a portable
way to extract $VERSION from version.h.

There doesn't seem to be any mention of a directory for documentation
files in the FHS, but /usr/share/doc seems to be the common practice
among distributions. Comments anyone?

Thanks,
--
Jean Delvare