AClock [Re: GNUstep Objective-C v2 ABI update]

From: David Chisnall
Subject: AClock [Re: GNUstep Objective-C v2 ABI update]
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2019 19:26:22 +0000

On 01/01/2019 13:20, Fred Kiefer wrote:
Am 01.01.2019 um 13:31 schrieb David Chisnall<gnustep@theravensnest.org>:

On 01/01/2019 01:00, Patryk Laurent wrote:
Hi David,
A couple days ago I installed FreeBSD 12.0 and after pkg ins Aclock and openapp
AClock I got a crash. Are you saying that would now be fixed?  Do I just
uninstall gnustep and reinstall to get the fix?
Sadly no.  AClock is crashing in -gui while deserialising the nib.  I guess
something in the nib format is unsupported by recent versions of -gui?

I have not yet pushed the changes to the ports, and it will be a day or two
after I do that before packages appear.
Which version of Clock are you two referring to? I just compiled the one from
GAP and it works fine on my machine, but this also does not contain any NIB
file.

It appears that the 0.4 release was from October 2011. Riccardo has made a bunch of improvements to the codebase since then and the latest version from GitHub builds and appears to work fine. Perhaps we could have a new release?

David