Re: Expected behavior when clicking on a title bar?

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Re: Expected behavior when clicking on a title bar?
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2018 08:18:42 -0400

Edwin,

On Sat, Aug 25, 2018 at 00:39 edwin ancaer <eancaer@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello guys,

this question might seem basic, but hey, even the averagely talented
people should be able to use GNUstep to turn their lives into a
nightmare...

I would like to know what the default behaviour is when clicking on
the title bar of a window, because I see 2 things happening
intermittently:

* The first behaviour:  the window seems to scroll up, leaving only
the title bar visible, thereby sometime leaving white rectangles on
the screen with the width of the original window, that go away when
the screen gets redrawn.
When only the title bar was visible, clicking it restores the window.

This is the default behavior.  Both of these are features of WindowMaker not of GNUstep.

* The second behaviour is that I can drag the window around with the
mouse, whole window visible or only titlebar visible.

Again. This is a feature of WindowMaker.

It is not making GNUstep unusable, but if feels a little buggy.

Please report these issues to the WindowMaker developers.  You can easily turn both of these “BUGS” off in the WindowMaker WPrefs.app.

A second question pops up: is the maillist the best way to report this
kind of beaviour, or should I report this as a bug. I can imagine
nicer things to do than following up a never ending list of bug
reports.

The best place to report bugs in GNUSTEP itself id at bugs.gnustep.org

Anyway, thanks for your time,

Edwin Ancaer

As this mail is written with GNUMail, and I did not find the way to do
some elementary markup, it does not look as good as it could.
Also, as I rely heavily on a spell checker to correct my English, you
might find lots of mistakes. I did not find a spell checker eiter. :-)

There is a spellchecker in GNUstep. I wrote it. It may not be used in gnumail though.