Re: Properties and objc1

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: Properties and objc1
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2018 16:12:28 +0100

On 17 Aug 2018, at 14:58, Ivan Vučica <ivan@vucica.net> wrote:

> David can correct me, but situation, I believe,
> changes only if you want to query the runtime for which *properties*
> exist and with which attributes, instead of just querying which
> methods exist.

Exactly right.  Class property metadata and property metadata for properties
declared in categories work only with -fobjc-runtime=gnustep-2.0 (or, in
theory, later), instance property metadata on properties declared in classes
works only with -fobjc-runtime=gnustep-1.something (I forget which, with 1.7 or
later we get better metadata)

Methods synthesised from properties should work with any runtime.

David