Re: SimpleAgenda on FreeBSD

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: SimpleAgenda on FreeBSD
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2018 16:00:23 +0300

Hi,

Yavor Doganov wrote:
That's a so called "bashism" and I suspect the default shell on FreeBSD
is not GNU Bash.

exactly, same as other systems.
It is not needed and can be replaced with = as well as some "quoting" in []

What troubles me most is that /usr/local/include is standard and is in
the search path of both GCC and Clang, at least on GNU/Linux.  You
shouldn't have to do anything special if libical is installed in/usr/
local.

I don't know if FreeBSD is different here or there are other subtleties, however the patch I supplied works fine for me in FreeBSD.
Only includes are needed, the library gets found in /usr/local

using AC_ARG_WITH may make some systems that scan automaticall configures "believe" there is an optional dependency which is not true: ical is a hard dep from what i can see.

Riccardo