Re: ANN: OresmeKit 0.1

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: ANN: OresmeKit 0.1
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2018 17:05:11 +0200

Hi Nikolaus,

H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:

Happy Birthday!

Started many years ago, it has finally come the moment for a first public
release, since I put together even a first draft of documentation.

OresmeKit is a framework which provides NSView subclasses that can display
data. It is useful to easily embed graphs in your applications, e.g. monitoring
apps, dashboards and such.
OresmeKit supports both GNUstep and Cocoa/MacOS

Data is supplied as series with information such color and title.

Currently implemented are:
- X-Y plotting (Cartesian coordinates)
- Line charting (with multiple series support)
- Pie Charts

Look here for more information, screenshots sources and Documentation.

http://gap.nongnu.org/oresmekit/index.html
Looks nice and certainly finds its use-places.

Yes, I hope. I think it should run on myStep and on OpenMoko, you might try!

I started using it to display remote load of systems.. but I made it more generic and intend to further improve it. There are few Kits of this kind around, especially when I started a couple of years ago, even on Cocoa. They were either incredibly over-engineerid and complicated, or too limtied.

As written in a private mail, I have a tiny birthday present for you Riccardo.
It is a port of an old OpenMoko game, MokoMaze, to Objective-C:

        http://git.goldelico.com/?p=mokomaze.git

It just lacks a GNUstep makefile and some input device handling (it is
written for a handheld device with accelerometer).

I'll look into it! thanks for the gift.

I got your email, but wanted to reply with a bit more completeness.

Riccardo