Re: Is there a mathematical matrix class?

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Re: Is there a mathematical matrix class?
Date: Sun, 06 May 2018 08:22:23 +0000

Are these the kinds of operations which would benefit from hardware acceleration? (I.e. utilizing the gpu?)

On Sun, May 6, 2018 at 04:12 <dale.amon@immortaldata.net> wrote:
I am virtually certain the answer is no, and NSMatrix is
certainly not it as it's aimed at the GUI. I have a need for
something that allows me to have a 2D sparse array which has methods
like 'transpose', horizontal and vertical reflection, column and
row operations for swapping, inserting and deleting; swapping
the contents of any two locations, etc.

It would just be incredibly useful, so much so that if it
does not exist, some day I will have to write one. However,
I'd rather not... I'm hoping someone is going to tell me
that Class XYZ, which says nothing about Matrices, actually
is one...

|  Dale Amon         Immortal Data          |
|  CEO       Midland International Air and Space Port  |
| amon@vnl.com    "Data Systems for Deep Space and Time"  |