Re: Bugs in gui/back

From: Andreas Höschler
Subject: Re: Bugs in gui/back
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2018 19:06:14 +0200

On Apr 24, 2018, at 6:53 PM, Andreas Höschler wrote:

E.g. if the version is 16.04 (the current long-term support version),
then the default desktop is Unity and the WM is Compiz.

I run 16.04, so I guess that will be it. Any idea how to be sure (command to test this)?

May be I should try to get WindowMaker to run on this box and see whether this makes a difference!?

I tried to get Window Maker to run to figure out whether the problem is window manager related. I did
add-apt-repository ppa:profzoom/wmaker
apt-get update
apt-get install wmaker

logged out and tried to login after selecting Window Maker in the login panel. This does not work. I am not logged in but routed back to the login screen! :-(

Any experiences with Window Maker and its installation on an Ubuntu 16.04 system?

Thanks a lot,

 Andreas