Re: GNUstep + libobjc2 and powerpc ( was "libobjc2 on powerpc")

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: GNUstep + libobjc2 and powerpc ( was "libobjc2 on powerpc")
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018 14:21:49 +0000

> On 22 Mar 2018, at 13:49, bertrand <bertrand.dekoninck@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> That then, begins to look like a possible libobc2 bug.
>>
>> The log file provides both the command used to build the test and the text
>> of the test program (a load of defines, the tiny config/config.objc.m
>> program, and the include of objc-common.g).
>> Using that you can reproduce the test executable that crashed.
>> You can then run it under gdb to find ot where and how the crash is
>> occurring (look at the stack etc).
>>

> I've copied this into the attached conftest.c and tried to build it
> with
>
> clang -integrated-as -o conftest -g -O2
> -I/usr/GNUstep/Local/Library/Headers
> -I/usr/GNUstep/Local/Library/Headers
> -I/usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Headers  -shared-libgcc
> -L/usr/GNUstep/Local/Library/Libraries
> -L/usr/GNUstep/Local/Library/Libraries
> -L/usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Libraries conftest.c -lrt -ldl  -lpthread

Well in the log file you attached to your previous email it says the command to
build it was:

clang -integrated-as -o conftest -g -O2  -I/usr/GNUstep/Local/Library/Headers
-I/usr/GNUstep/Local/Library/Headers -I/usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Headers  -x
objective-c  -shared-libgcc -L/usr/GNUstep/Local/Library/Libraries
-L/usr/GNUstep/Local/Library/Libraries -L/usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Libraries
conftest.c -lrt -ldl  -lpthread -rdynamic -shared-libgcc -pthread -fexceptions
-fobjc-runtime=gnustep-1.8 -fblocks -L/home/bertrand/GNUstep/Library/Libraries
-L/usr/GNUstep/Local/Library/Libraries -L/usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Libraries
-lpthread -lobjc -fobjc-nonfragile-abi -lm   -lpthread

So the problem is that you didn't copyu the command used to build the test
program.

I think the lack of the '-x objective-c' is causing at least some of your
problems ... without ot the compiler will see the .c file extension and assume
that it's supposed to be compiling C rather than Objective-C.
To reproduce the program exactly, you should reproduce the orgiinal compilation
command exactly.