Re: [INFO] NEXTSPACE

From: Bertrand Dekoninck
Subject: Re: [INFO] NEXTSPACE
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2017 18:52:56 +0100

Hi, Sergii

Le 28/11/2017 à 16:41, Gregory Casamento a écrit :

On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 09:28 Sergii Stoian <stoyan255@gmail.com <mailto:stoyan255@gmail.com>> wrote:

    On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 12:48 PM, Gregory Casamento
    <greg.casamento@gmail.com <mailto:greg.casamento@gmail.com>> wrote:

        In addition to David’s comments I need to add that using
        images and icons from openstep and nextstep is tempting fate.

    You're definitely right. I will remove images and icons after
    project is noticed.
    But it's a problem of GNUstep project.

It is not.

    Nobody wants to create icons and images for GNUstep. Maybe
    somebody want to replace openstep icons keeping style?

I could step in here to say that's one thing I'm in fact doing : see RikIcons at https://github.com/BertrandDekoninck/ But these are not Openstep styled icons, they are more mac styled. In fact, I'm not very found of the NextStep desktop metaphor and try to adapt for myself GNUstep to a more mac desktop metaphor.

Butt if you want more openstepish icons, look at gap's Heritage theme (http://svn.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/gap/trunk/bundles/themes/Heritage.theme/). That's precisely what you're looking for. Not perfect but it's promising. Riccardo was in contact with the guy who created the icons.

Bertrand