Re: issue with auto-enable of Menus

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: issue with auto-enable of Menus
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 09:57:57 +0100

Hi Wolfgang, Fred,

Wolfgang Lux wrote:
  if (action == @selector(copy:) || action == @selector(cut:) || action ==
@selector(delete:))
you must use sel_isEqual to compare selectors in portable code, i.e.,
   if (sel_isEqual(action, @selector(copy:)) || sel_isEqual(action,
@selector(cut:)) || sel_isEqual(action, @selector(delete:))
While sel_isEqual is just an alias for == on Apple's runtime (and the GNUstep
runtime, I assume), this need not be the case for other runtimes. In
particular, for the old GNU runtime sel_isEqual is not equivalent to ==, as
you've observed.

that was it! I did run on gcc5 with the gcc runtime.

What was confusing was that "some" menus were enabled, some not! I was fearing that auto-enable was working for some menus and other not, an issue in the responder chain, while it was actually much simpler.

Thanks,
Riccardo

PS: this leads to a more usable editing in Graphos: quite nice, something I had to do years ago!