Re: Moving messages in GNUMail

From: Svetlana Tkachenko
Subject: Re: Moving messages in GNUMail
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2017 21:03:53 +1000

Hi Riccardo,

Riccardo Mottola <riccardo.mottola@libero.it> wrote:
> [...]
> I'd try to check for
> error messages in the console, check for hanging operations and of
> course check the debug. THe next step is then running GNUMail in gdb and
> trying to catch an exception.

As a first step I ran GNUMail from a Terminal and checked console, and
its output to the Terminal. None have any error.

The GNUMail console has a 'messages' tab where it says that it opened
the original directory (the one I am moving /from/), but no further
messages. Translating from Russian the message reads like this, "Opening
directory IMAP GNUSTEP at fastmail.com ... Directory IMAP GNUSTEP
opened."

It would be nice to know how to start GNUMail with English language so
that sharing error messages is easier, as adding LC_ALL=C at the
beginning of the command does not help with the language of messages in
GNUMail's console.

"hanging operations" and "the debug" probably are a meaningful term,
each, but I am not familiar with how to use them.

Regards,
Svetlana