Number formatters in tables on GORM

From: Graham Lee
Subject: Number formatters in tables on GORM
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2017 19:54:50 +0100

Hi folks,

I have an NSTableView, and want to attach an NSNumberFormatter to one of the columns. What I _think_ I should do is drag the number formatter avatar from the Gorm palette to the column, but that has no effect.

Specifically, dragging the formatter onto most of the table's area shows the "no entry" cursor. If I drag it over the column headers, the cursor changes to the source/target overlapping rectangles, but dropping the formatter has no visible effect, and the document is not dirty (i.e. no changes were made).

There's a workaround, in that I can do all this in code, but can I avoid that by using Gorm? Am I just holding it wrong?

Thanks for your help,

Graham.