Re: Issue: GNUstep installation on Ubuntu 16.04

From: Patryk Laurent
Subject: Re: Issue: GNUstep installation on Ubuntu 16.04
Date: Sun, 14 May 2017 16:18:38 +0000 (GMT)

On May 14, 2017, at 08:42 AM, Patryk Laurent <plaurent@me.com> wrote:

Hi Mark,

This may be related to an issue reported by Josh Freeman on this list in late April (4/23). The crashes he observed also had to do with graphics.

To work around it I think he simply checked out slightly older versions of the GNUstep repos. Josh provided an altered compilation script to do this as an attachment to his emails to the list.

See that discussion for details. The specific change that he made was to check out an older version of GNUstep make:

cd make
git checkout `git rev-list -1 --first-parent --before=2017-04-06 master`
./configure --enable-debug-by-default --with-layout=gnustep --enable-
objc-nonfragile-abi --enable-objc-arc