Re: Newbie back again...

From: Bertrand Gmail
Subject: Re: Newbie back again...
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2017 05:03:08 +0200

Preamble : sorry for the noise on gnustep-dev mailing list. I've reposted the messages here.

And...finally, it still doesn't work.

I thought that the problem had disappeared because I could compile and run a sample program given on the ubuntu installation notes on the gnustep wiki.

This is this program : guitest.m

#import <AppKit/AppKit.h> int main() { NSApplication *app; // Without these 2 lines, seg fault may occur app = [NSApplication sharedApplication]; NSAlert * alert = [[NSAlert alloc] init]; [alert setMessageText:@"Hello alert"]; [alert addButtonWithTitle:@"All done"]; int result = [alert runModal]; if (result == NSAlertFirstButtonReturn) { NSLog(@"First button pressed"); } }

This compiles and run fine it i use this command :

clang `gnustep-config --objc-flags` `gnustep-config --objc-libs` -fobjc-runtime=gnustep -fblocks -lobjc -fobjc-arc -ldispatch -lgnustep-base -lgnustep-gui guitest.m

But iif I use the following makefile to compile it (given in the wiki also), running GUItest.app will segfault :

GNUmakefile :
include \$(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/common.make

APP_NAME = GUITest
GUITest_OBJC_FILES = guitest.m

include \$(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/application.make

 GUItest.app segfaults with this :

0x00007ffff63cc500 in objc_msgSend_fpret ()

Backtrace attached.

Then every compilation of a program (projectcenter, gorm etc) fails.

I'm stuck.

I've attached my installation scripts again and the backtrace to this mail.

There seems to be some problem with the compilation options in my setup. This is way beyond my skills.

Cheers, Bertrand Dekoninck.