Re: How to add items to GWorkspace tabbed shelf

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: How to add items to GWorkspace tabbed shelf
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2017 17:01:09 +0200

Hi,

Svetlana Tkachenko wrote:

I'm not sure where to take the icon from. I tried dragging icons from the dock of pinned apps or from the dock of currently opened apps but the first ones disappear and the second one stay where they are. I would also like to be able to add files to the tabbed shelf if possible as I see no way to bookmark files that I open often.

you can drag and drop from the "Views" which is where you are supposed to view your application and files and the "source", the originalposition of the file.. You can drag&drop both files as well as documents to the currently open Tab of the shelf. The mouse cursor will turn green to confirm the operation is allowed.

Riccardo

PS: you need at least 0.9.3 for this to work with reasonable current GUI. I remember that Debian packaged an older version which made drag&drop operations not work.