Re: ANN: PDFKit 1.0.0 released

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: ANN: PDFKit 1.0.0 released
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 17:46:41 +0100

Hi,

Svetlana Tkachenko wrote:
Hello all,

Riccardo Mottola wrote:
PDFKIT 1.0.0
I am pleased to announce that yesterday I released a new version of
PDFKit, which comes originally from GSImageApps.
Which apps is this new release useful for? Vindaloo.app which relies on
PopplerKit instead [1], and ViewPDF.app is supposedly unmaintained [2].

To my knowledge, both are essentially unmaintained. I don't know actually the status of Poppler stuff, but didn't see updates since a long time.

You can build ViewPDF against this PDFKit and it will work, I used it as a regression test. I have a locally patched ViewPDF that works with PDFKit, but I guess there is no interest in updating the tree in gsimageapps and I don't know if it is worth putting it anywhere else.

GWorkspace's PDF content Inspector uses PDFkit.

And PDFKit remains available for anybody wanting to write his own PDF based application.

Riccardo

I recall aiming to find or write a PDF viewer which allows to view
multiple pages on one screen.

You might want to write your own with this or use something else, your choice.

Riccardo