Re: Tooltips problem on Gnome 3

From: Germán Arias
Subject: Re: Tooltips problem on Gnome 3
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2016 00:53:49 -0600

I test with IceWM (that comes with default OpenSUSE installation) and
the same problem. Not sure if this is something specific with my
installation or not (I will try later with WindowMaker). But I notice
something weird. When a tooltip should be displayed, a new window tab
is displayed at taskbar. See the red circle at attached screenshot. But
a tooltip should not display a new entry in the taskbar. Other ting: if
I wait about a half minute, the tooltip is displayed.

Now a remember that when I use Xfce, sometimes when I navigate an app
menu, a window tab is displayed at taskbar, but this disappear
immediately.

I try changing the options when level == NSPopUpMenuWindowLevel, at
line 3453 at XGServerWindow.m. But I notice all this code is not
execute, the "if" condition at line 3375 is skipped.

Germán