Re: GSLaunchedApplications.lock

From: Gmail
Subject: Re: GSLaunchedApplications.lock
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2016 14:15:52 +0200

Le 26 oct. 2016 à 13:05, Riccardo Mottola a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> it is an issue we have in the last release - you have to try launching the
> same app several times.
>
> Gregory Casamento wrote:
>> This is a race condition on a distributed lock.  The only solution,
>> unfortunately, is going to be to keep trying to launch it.
>
> Gregory commited a fix and Richard tweaked it further and it seems to work.
> It is however in current SVN head. It needs to be tested further, if it is
> stable it might justify a backport and fix release.
>
> Riccardo

I use the last svn version for two days (having seen that commit, I jumped on
it to see if it worked) and it seems to correct the issue without any further
problem. No more lock when opening GWorkspace and its related daemons and I can
even launch a selection of several apps at the same time without any problem.
Great :-)
Bertrand Dekoninck