Re: NSWorkspace issue... build broken...

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: NSWorkspace issue... build broken...
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2016 02:03:27 +0200

Hi,

thanks for looking at it, the issue was a bit deeper and actually HAVE_STATFS was thought to be zero.
I tried to fix Debian but on HURD.

Fred Kiefer wrote:
Same here. This was caused by Riccardo's last commit. There he checks HAVE_STATFS which never gets set. I am still in the process of finding out whether it is sufficient to add this variable to config.h.in or if more changes are needed.

more changes are needed: at the end to get all features on linux I need both statvfs() and statfs(). Before the change I was using one at the expense of the other, after the change, the viceversa and being unexpected, we had the error.

I fixed the code for Linux so that it unblocks the build, it is fixed on solaris & FreeBSD too. However, various BSDs and HURD itself still need to be tested.

The current code reverses the past paradigm: statvfs() is standard POSIX, so it tries to use that, additional features use that. The reverse way was hidden with gotchas.

Riccardo