Re: Newer GNUSTEP Install Instructions for PC-BSD 11.0 ?

From: jimserac
Subject: Re: Newer GNUSTEP Install Instructions for PC-BSD 11.0 ?
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2016 22:22:58 -0700 (PDT)

On Monday, July 4, 2016 at 2:50:12 PM UTC, jims...@gmail.com wrote:
> Is David still out there ?
>
> Am looking for a new set of install steps for GNUSTEP on PC-BSD,
> which is based on freebsd.
>
> Are the old 2011 steps that Dave posted still good ?
>
> Would like to compile some GNUSTEP programs too, so need development
> environment too.
>
> Thanks !

OK, that worked and I can compile GNUStep apps now - BUT...the apps don't have
a menu bar on top of them !!  What have I forgotten to install ?

This is on PC-BSD 11.0 CURRENT, which, I know, is not a release version.

I'll check the libraries and try to figure it out.  Right now, for example the
GoMoku program or GPuzzle, the windows are stuck in the upper left corner of my
desktop with no way to move them !  Maybe something I need to fix in Resources ?

Still, not bad considering its a pre-release operating system.

Thanks again,
J.