Re: A Critique: Getting Started with GNUstep on Windows

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Re: A Critique: Getting Started with GNUstep on Windows
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 14:12:03 -0500

Speaking of a vision.  What I personally would like to see is a complete OS distro built from the bottom up with GNUstep in mind.  I believe I made a mistake when I held back on the desktop idea way back.  The reason I did this was to allow other desktops to prosper.

I would like us to consider creating something new and great and not tethered to technologies which hold us back.

On Wednesday, February 17, 2016, Doc O'Leary <droleary@2015usenet1.subsume.com> wrote:
For your reference, records indicate that
Riccardo Mottola <riccardo.mottola@libero.it> wrote:

> What is needed?
> True bug reports and true patches and help in resolution.

No, what is needed is a grand vision and a community that is willing to
get behind it.  As my own past criticisms have stated, GNUstep lacks a
coherent message on what it aims to accomplish that anybody should care
about.  I still see no move to address that one *very* major problem.

> As the harsh people on OpenBSD would say "where is your code? "where are
> your patches?"

The last thing the world needs is more projects that are nothing but
brogrammers.

--
"Also . . . I can kill you with my brain."
River Tam, Trash, Firefly