Re: Windows theme should be active by default on Windows...

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Re: Windows theme should be active by default on Windows...
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2016 18:04:18 -0500

If this works would it suggest that we don't really need msys anymore?

On Thursday, February 11, 2016, David Chisnall <theraven@sucs.org> wrote:
On 10 Feb 2016, at 22:21, Ivan Vučica <ivan@vucica.net> wrote:

> I guess it's time to try giving Windows some love.

If someone has easy access to a Windows 10 machine, it would be worth trying to build GNUstep with Visual Studio and the Objective-C runtime from WinObjC.  The MS folks are a few commits behind libobjc2 trunk, but have added support in their compiler for C++-compatible exceptions in Objective-C[++].  They’re still working out the final ABI, but I hope to implement support for it in clang once it’s done.  They’re also shipping pre-built binaries of a few important prerequisites (e.g. cairo).

David

--
This email complies with ISO 3103