Installation issues debian 8.2

From: Tristan Bellogi
Subject: Installation issues debian 8.2
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2016 11:48:19 +0100

Hi All,

Hope I'm not that late to wish you all an happy 2016!

Couple days ago I use gnustep startup package for a quick install of
GNUstep on my Debian 8.2. Build some tests, sample tools & apps, ran
them with opentool/openapp...
But I shortly discover I wav running gcc-objc & gcc-objc-runtime... when
trying to compile some objc code written for Cocoa, I realized I need
Objc2/llvm/clang, indeed.

I the found http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/GNUstep_under_Ubuntu_Linux
So I erase my fresh GNUstep install, clean up $PATH etc.

& run the script...
It fails whith errors @:
cd ~/core/base/
./configure
make -j8

I got this...

checking whether objc really works... no
I don't seem to be able to use your Objective-C compiler to produce
working binaries!  Please check your Objective-C compiler installation.
If you are using gcc-3.x make sure that your compiler's libgcc_s and
libobjc
can be found by the dynamic linker - usually that requires you to play
with LD_LIBRARY_PATH or /etc/ld.so.conf.

I probably did something wrong but can't figure out what, so shortly:
How to install gnustep/objc2 on my debian 8.2

Thanks in advance for you help

Tristan