Re: Please, no GitHub

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Please, no GitHub
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 22:57:45 -0500

  > > I don't see a way to do that.  Do you have any suggestions?

  > Well, the easiest answer would be: $$$ but I don't know if FSF has
  > and wants to do such funding.

If we got more money, we could pay staff to work on Savannah.
If you'd like to donate, please visit fsf.org.

  > Well, the best ethics and intention does not help if the service does not
  > work as needed and becomes a burden to projects like GNUstep. This
  > makes developers go away instead of coming in.

Our software would be pointless if not for our ethics.

Fortunately, things are not as difficult as you've made them appear.
Savannah works, even if once in a while it takes time for some request
to be handled.  That inconvenience doesn't stop most GNUstep
volunteers.  And there are other ethical repository solutions too.

--
Dr Richard Stallman