Re: Plans for ahead

From: Luis Garcia Alanis
Subject: Re: Plans for ahead
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2015 03:53:13 -0800

Have you seen the Etoile window manager?

Think this is it https://github.com/etoile/ProjectManager

On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 2:35 PM, Alessandro Sangiuliano <a01000010@gmail.com> wrote:

No, I discovered InterfaceWM some days ago when someone mentioned it on the mailing list too.
However I downloaded it, made some modifications, and now it can run again, but it doesn’t work as expected. I consider InterfaceWM a good reference for ICCCM and EWMH implementation, it seems almost full complete. I want to underline “it seems”. Also, InterfaceWM is another WM NeXT-like, not so different from wmaker, so I don’t want it.

Instead some months ago, I started to write a new WM and it is quite in early stage. It can move windows around the screen, just that. I need to optimize it for GNUstep windows because, while with gtk and qt apps, the windows are fully drawn with my WM in terms of offset, GS windows appear dislocated on the right in terms of offset, showing half of the window. This problem does not exist with WM like Metacity, wmaker, Mutter and Compiz, that are the WMs I tried with GS.