Re: PikoPixel hangs on startup

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: PikoPixel hangs on startup
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2015 19:34:07 +0200

Hi Josh,

On 2015-10-23 21:55:22 +0200 Josh Freeman <gnustep_lists@twilightedge.com> wrote:

This is linux on x86 32bit (gentoo, if it matters)

I've seen some issues that appear to be window-manager specific (just cosmetic, though - no hangs). Usually, knowing the distro gives an idea of which WM is running, but since you're on Gentoo: Which window manager are you using?

The sad mess of windows managers.

I'm running traditional windowmaker. I am running it both on the laptop and the workstation with the larger display I exported to.

There's a GNUstep issue with Compiz WM that can cause similar geometry issues - PikoPixel has workaround code for it in PPGNUstepGlue_CompizWindowManager.m, so a couple things you might try:

No compiz here.

I think I must need to investigate which window is problematic.

Riccardo