Re: broke my GWorkspace...

From: Gaël Elegoët
Subject: Re: broke my GWorkspace...
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 13:27:37 +0200

Hi Riccardo,

Actually I've finally managed to install GWorkspace yesterday evening (late).
sudo make install would not work as I've mentioned, giving me errors. Then
after the nnth coffee the idea came to try just login as root… so, su,
then make install, and it worked. I have now GWorkspace-0.9.3 working.
But with drawbacks, that is :
It can be launched only from a Term window. I use Windowmaker 0.95.7,
so GWorkspace appears on the desktop once launched, then if I quit it and try
to re-launch it form that very icon, it won't work.
Trying from "Run" in the WMaker app menu , or other options like from wmbutton,
doesn't work also…even if I try /usr/local/bin/GWorkspace. Only from the Term.
Other problem I've found is that it doesn't want to make images thumbnail
icons. But I suppose I need to install something else to have that working.
Other than that, works Ok :)

About gnustep-make configuration, I just did ./configure , make , sudo make
install. No options.
maybe I should try re-compiling/installing everything by using su as you say.

And thanks again Riccardo and Fred for your help :) Will post a screenshot when
I've finished configuring that installation.

Gaël Elégoët
galgot@free.fr
galgot.com