Re: Update libobjc2 build instructions for Ubuntu/Android/Darling?

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: Update libobjc2 build instructions for Ubuntu/Android/Darling?
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2015 10:01:40 +0100

On 25 Sep 2015, at 19:13, Josh Freeman <gnustep_lists@twilightedge.com> wrote:

>   The issue with building libobjc2 before GNUstep make (on Ubuntu at least)
> is that libobjc2's install path depends on whether gnustep-config is present:
> If it is, it installs to /usr/GNUstep/Local/Library/ - if not, it installs to
> /usr/local/lib/.

If you’re building on a platform where /usr/local/lib is not a default library
path, then installing with the prefix set to /usr instead of /usr/local is
probably better.  Alternatively, simply adding -I/usr/local/include
-L/usr/local/lib to the CPP / LD flags when configuring -make should also work
(though you’ll end up with an odd installation if libobjc is the only thing
installed in /usr/local).

David

-- Sent from my Apple II