Re: base fails to build - exception problem

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: base fails to build - exception problem
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2015 19:30:17 +0200

Hi,

Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:
> Those flags should have nothing to do with variable visibility.  The most
> likely problem is with the wrong runtime being found in one of those cases.
> So you should look at the -I flags saying where the header files are found.
> For instance, -I/home/multix/GNUstep/Library/Headers might be pointing to
> different objc headers (it’s not mentioned in the check at configure time).

I don't have local runtimes in my home directory and to be sure, I
removed everyting from /System and /Local.

I should have only two runtimes on the system:
- the gcc internal one
- libobjc2 installed in /usr/local

See here what a search of objc.h finds:

/usr/local/include/objc/objc.h
/usr/local/lib/gcc5/gcc/i386-portbld-freebsd9.3/5.2.0/include/objc/objc.h

in both configure and build run I see -I/usr/local/include so the
libobjc2 runtime should be found.

I could remove libobjc2 and rely on the more limited gcc runtime, but it
it should work to have a second runtime: headers are included in both
configure and build!

But